La Patinoire Boréale
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM DE DISCUSSION SUR LE PATINAGE ARTISTIQUE - CONCOURS

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton

+2
Fannie
Titenoee
6 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Titenoee
patineur expert
patineur expert
Titenoee

Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Empty
MessageSujet: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeDim 03 Juin 2012, 22:32

Figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was told by the owner of the Arctic Edge Arena and its general manager today that he is no longer at their club.

"I just got fired," Shpilband said this afternoon.

According to Craig O'Neill, longtime general manager of the Arctic Edge, the move was made in part because its top three teams -- including 2010 Olympic gold and silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada, and Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- felt as if "Igor wasn't there anymore for them."
Shpilband, who with Marina Zoueva built the ice dance program in Canton into the world's best after he left the Detroit Skating Club nearly a decade ago, learned of his dismissal at about 5:30 p.m. in a meeting with O'Neill and rink owner John Stansik.

“I'm totally shocked," Shpilband said. "I have to talk to the kids (skaters). I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie. He (O'Neill) said the kids don't want me at the rink anymore. For what reason, I don't know."

Zoueva, who is remaining at the Arctic FSC, said that Shpilband had created a "conflict of interest" because she said he wanted to work exclusively with two new teams. But O'Neill said that wasn't a factor in the decision.

“What John (Stansik) and I did today was all based on the kids," O'Neill said, referring specially to Virtue and Moir, Davis and White, and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani. "Igor did talk about starting his own program, and coaching some of his own kids, and we didn't have issues with that. Our main focus has to be the top three teams.

“There was a lot of issues. This has been going on for a couple of months. He's not focused with the kids. What it came down to was the kids didn't want to skate there (in Canton) anymore with Igor. Either they were leaving or Igor was leaving.

“We told him that the kids weren't going to come back to the rink until we had this meeting with you."

O'Neill said that U.S. Figure Skating was apprised of the problems at the rink since the end of April or beginning of May.

Asked what Shpilband's reaction to his dismissal was, O'Neill said: "He was shocked. Absolutely floored."

Shpilband said that he last met with Davis and White, four-time U.S. champions, a couple of weeks ago before they went on vacation.

“I've always been committed 100% to the skaters," Shpilband said.

source

:niet: Je pense que c'est pas du tout une bonne choses pour ces équipes cette nouvelles.... mais je ne suis pas leur culottes donc je sais pas y se passe quoi, ça fait quand même assez étrange.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Titenoee
patineur expert
patineur expert
Titenoee

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 01:04

Figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was told by the owner of the Arctic Edge Arena and its general manager today that he is no longer at their club.

"I just got fired," Shpilband said this afternoon.

According to Craig O'Neill, longtime general manager of the Arctic Edge, the move was made in part because its top three teams -- including 2010 Olympic gold and silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada, and Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- felt as if "Igor wasn't there anymore for them."

Shpilband, who with Marina Zoueva built the ice dance program in Canton into the world's best after he left the Detroit Skating Club nearly a decade ago, learned of his dismissal at about 5:30 p.m. in a meeting with O'Neill and rink owner John Stansik.

“I'm totally shocked," Shpilband said. "I have to talk to the kids (skaters). I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie. He (O'Neill) said the kids don't want me at the rink anymore. For what reason, I don't know."

Shpilband said that he and Zoueva have had conflicts recently, namely over Zoueva's scheduling of their teams, saying that she hadn't been consulting him.

"To me, that's not a good partnership," he said. "Me and Marina had a good run, and I don't want it to end like this; two years after the Olympics (2014 in Sochi) we could have gone our seperate ways.

"Every partnership has arguments -- it our business together. It's give and take, but Marina didn't see it that way. She wanted me to go away. I worked for many years before Marina, I built and took skaters to the top podium in the world. But I felt like I needed Marina to (go) from worlds to the Olympics, which (was) incredible -- we did it together."

Zoueva, who is remaining at the Arctic FSC, said that Shpilband had created a "conflict of interest" because she said he wanted to work exclusively with two new teams. But O'Neill said that wasn't a factor in the decision.

“What John (Stansik) and I did today was all based on the kids," O'Neill said of Virtue and Moir, Davis and White, and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani. "Igor did talk about starting his own program, and coaching some of his own kids, and we didn't have issues with that. Our main focus has to be the top three teams.

“There was a lot of issues. This has been going on for a couple of months. He's not focused with the kids. What it came down to was the kids didn't want to skate there (in Canton) anymore with Igor. Either they were leaving or Igor was leaving.

“We told him that the kids weren't going to come back to the rink until we had this meeting with you."

O'Neill said that U.S. Figure Skating was apprised of the problems at the rink since the end of April or beginning of May. Shpilband said that when he spoke with Mitch Moyer, senior director of athlete high performance at U.S. Figure Skating, he said was about the "issue I had with Marina."

Asked what Shpilband's reaction to his dismissal was, O'Neill said: "He was shocked. Absolutely floored."

Shpilband said that he last met with Davis and White, four-time U.S. champions, a couple of weeks ago before they went on vacation.

“I've always been committed 100% to the skaters," Shpilband said.

Shpilband said tonight that he will be meeting Monday with Davis and White.

Reached by phone, Davis declined comment. Attempts to reach Moir and White were unsuccessful.

"Honestly, I need some time to regroup," Shpilband said. "I don't know what I'm going to do. If Marina put it in a way -- her or me -- OK, I hope that not all skaters go that way, that they see (that ) I put my heart and soul into this."

Zoueva, who has worked with Shpilband since 2001, said: "He built the best-ever ice dance school. I'm very very sad. For me, it's real hard."

Shpilband's influence in ice dance in the United States has been huge over the last 20 years since he defected in 1990 from the Soviet Union and arrived at the Detroit Skating Club. He became an American citizen in 2000.

Shpilband coached many U.S. teams to national and international prominence, including Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow, who won four of their five U.S. titles in the 1990s under his mentorship.

In 1998, Shpilband partnered Tanith Belbin with Ben Agosto, whom with their silver medal finish at the 2006 Torino Games became the first American ice dance team to win an Olympic medal in 30 years.

Ice dance teams from the Arctic FSC have won seven of the last nine world medals, including in 2011 in Moscow, when Davis and White, Virtue and Moir, and the Shibutani siblings completed the first-ever North American sweep of the ice dance medals. With the win, Davis and White also brought home the first-ever American world gold medal in the discipline.

Quelques passages ont été ajouté dans l'article en ligne.
Fannie
Légende sur glace
Légende sur glace

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 09:08

Que serait la saison morte sans une petite-grosse nouvelle choc ??!! :mdr:

Je trouve les raisons nébuleuse pour justifier ce congediement...
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 11:02

C'est vraiment étrange tout ça... J'ai hâte de voir la suite. pop corn
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 11:15

La mère de Charlie White, Jacqui White a écrit un commentaire à la suite d'un article et elle dit que les patineurs ni sont pour rien. Ils sont pris entre les deux.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120603/SPORTS18/120603037/Coach-Igor-Shpilband-Canton-Figure-Skating-Club&template=pluckcomments
Icesea
champion(ne) national(e)
champion(ne) national(e)
Icesea

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 13:53

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked :surpris:

Titenoee a écrit:
I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie.

On sait c'est qui ses chouchous!!!!:

Comme tu dis Frisette, vive la saison morte! pop corn
Icesea
champion(ne) national(e)
champion(ne) national(e)
Icesea

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 13:59

J'avais prédit un changement de coach soit pour V/M ou D/W mais ça je l'avais vraiment pas vu venir!!!!! J'en reviens pas encore
Titenoee
patineur expert
patineur expert
Titenoee

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 14:04

Nouvelle article

Rien de nouveaux a part qu'il veut trouver un aréna dans les environs de Détroit.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 14:28

Valentin Piseev: We are happy to provide Igor Shpilband all the conditions for work in Russia
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dallsportinfo.ru%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com.au&sl=ru&twu=1&u=http://allsportinfo.ru/index.php%3Fid%3D60585
Fallait bien s'en attendre!! mais je ne crois pas que c'est ce que Igor veut..
Titenoee
patineur expert
patineur expert
Titenoee

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 14:41

Non pas la Russie !! :niet:
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeLun 04 Juin 2012, 17:11

Un article en Russe. http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120604/599672867.html

Dans celui là Marina dit que les patineurs n'ont rien à voir là dedans. Igor a voulu entrainer de nouveaux patineurs de son coté et celà a créé un conflit d'intéret...
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 10:30

D'autres articles.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/figureskating/story/_/id/8010677/the-united-states-dismissed-igor-shpilband-ice-dance-director
http://www.freep.com/article/20120604/SPORTS18/120604082/1048/sports

FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 10:33

Citation :
Zoueva and O’Neill told the Free Press on Sunday that the top three teams would be remaining at the Canton rink.

:chialeux: Moi qui espérais un changement pour Tessa et Scott...

Icesea
champion(ne) national(e)
champion(ne) national(e)
Icesea

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 13:56

Si j'avais à choisir entre Zoueva et Shpilband, mon choix est définitivement Marina.

Il y aura quand même un peu de changement car elle n'aura pas le choix d'avoir un assistant. Ça va emmener du sang nouveau.

On peut commencer à penser à un bon candidat et prier les SkateGods :svp:
swtblueeyes
Administrateur
Administrateur
swtblueeyes

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 15:34

Mon choix d'assistant est facile, regardez ma signature. :bave:
Titenoee
patineur expert
patineur expert
Titenoee

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 16:12

Haha Marie tu pense pas qu ça ferait bizarre Fedor... Meryl, Tessa ?!
Moi je souhaite une chorégraphie de Dubreuil/Lauzon :yes:
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 20:20

swtblueeyes a écrit:
Mon choix d'assistant est facile, regardez ma signature. :bave:

:taquin: :sourire: J'aprouve!!!
Icesea
champion(ne) national(e)
champion(ne) national(e)
Icesea

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 20:40

FRISETTE a écrit:

:taquin: :sourire: J'aprouve!!!

Je seconde.....tellement!!!!!! :gaga:
Fannie
Légende sur glace
Légende sur glace

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 21:25

Titenoee a écrit:
Haha Marie tu pense pas qu ça ferait bizarre Fedor... Meryl, Tessa ?!
Moi je souhaite une chorégraphie de Dubreuil/Lauzon :yes:

J'pense que tu peux oublier ça... c'est pas Zoueva qui signe les chorégraphies ?
Titenoee
patineur expert
patineur expert
Titenoee

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMar 05 Juin 2012, 23:49

Ouais Fannie NeutralÇa aurait fait changement disons...
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeJeu 07 Juin 2012, 11:33

Olympic Champions Virtue and Moir Confirm Plans for 2012-2013 Season

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/1763/language/en-US/Default.aspx
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeJeu 07 Juin 2012, 11:36

Et en français.

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/1763/language/fr-CA/Default.aspx
FRISETTE
Modérateur
Modérateur
FRISETTE

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMer 13 Juin 2012, 10:16

Chock et Bates avec Igor!!!
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120612&content_id=33179074&vkey=ice_news
Titenoee
patineur expert
patineur expert
Titenoee

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeMer 13 Juin 2012, 18:17

Un autre article sur Tessa et Scott :
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/virtue-and-moir-caught-in-coaching-split/article4255940/?cmpid=rss1
Paul136
patineur expert
patineur expert
Paul136

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Juin 2012, 14:07

Excusez moi mais ... Je suis complètement perdue XD

Qu'un pourrait il m'expliquer :mdr:
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton   Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton Icon_minitime

Igor Shpillband mise à pied du club Artic Edge de Canton
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant